Translate

Monday 14 December 2020

Boston Afternoon Tea Party.

Monday 21st September.
Had another break in this COVID storm so I headed out to an autumnal Garvald for an afternoon of an In Her Majesty’s Name romp set in the streets of Boston circa 1890’s.Little did I know that this was going to be the last game of the year so I’m glad it was an excellent game as always.The main reason I haven’t published this account as my IPhone didn’t like speaking to my laptop so I couldn’t get my blogs published promptly:I have solved this problem by indulging in the purchase of an IPad so when Nicola finally decides that we can get back to gaming I’ll be able to write my blogs a bit quicker.My apologies for the photos as this is another reason why I have bought my new gadget.

This was part of covid lockdown project by the Duke of Garvald.More pictures can be seen on the  Bad Sqiddo games Facebook page.
   Anyhoo!The game involved an altercation between the crew of the Nautilus trying to get one of their crew out of the local “nick”which was being protected by the local constabulary.
The Nautilus was captained off course by Captain Nemo aided and abetted by his motley crew including his daughter Rani.
Hardit Singh leads his thugs on a no holds barred rampage through the Boston docks.

Final fight.
Colin was in charge of the Nautilus crew and went straight for the jail to try and finish the game quickly but the true forces of law and order stood their ground and gave as well as they got 


One big scrap.


Most of Nemo’s crew ended up fighting one on one against my girls and boys and it was my girls who gave as well as they got.My police constables weren’t so lucky and tended to dwindle.
Captain Nemo and his female entourage .

My loyal band of fuzz,led by Inspector Reid on secondment from Ripper Street.

Two-gun Tess leads another pawn into the fray.

Innocent dockworker is dispatched.

Captain Nemo watches everybody else scrapping around him.
Parasol Patty was the difference between my lads standing or falling as her parasol acted as a shield until we realised she maybe wasn’t as good as we thought rule wise.
A little bit of distraction.
As you can see as all who know Colin,he has an awfy lot of female figures,and they were well to the fore.
Parasol Patty oot for a daunder.

Local railwayman swinging his lantern.

Steam Hanson cab.

What a way to go.

Hold on to your horses.

Close up of the final scrap.
The Nautilus crew came close but no gold medal as the game fizzled out to a draw.We were hoping for a rematch but Nicola shot that down in flames.
Violet Smee-jailbird awaiting freedom.

The naughty Nautilus arrives.

Nice cleavage!

Hardit Singh looking for more victims.
A fitting end to a close game and a chance to shift some lead-albeit very carefully.I have another report to publish involving Donnybrook but I’ll have to wait to see how to shuffle pictures around on this machine.I hope that you all are having as good as it gets lockdown and hopefully we’ll get back to some semblance of normality next year when we can back to spending money on a pile of lead that we won’t paint.
                         
                   See You All When I see you!!!!!
 Monday 21st September 

No comments:

Post a Comment