Translate

Thursday 8 December 2016

Retro Evening

Wed 30th November

         Since most of our motley crew were otherwise engaged I decided to put on a game of Necromunda at Casa el Watson as Lady Watson was enjoying the delights of Warsaw with her fellow colleagues or so I'm led to believe.
Not bad for 20 year old scenery
                        Dave O'Brien was up for it drooling at the mouth at the thought of an evening's Necromunda whilst Mike was still shaking after being scalped by oor Bart.
Check out my red noodle shack open 24/7.
                             Necromunda suits my living room table well even with 3 games worth of scenery on display.A lot of the scenery hadn't been used for a wee while but surprisingly fitted into place without any real problems.I also added a few extra bits that we used all those years ago plus a few that I had built for a kung fu game.
Mike with the sheepdog look still recovering from his kicking from Bart.
                                Each player was given a gang and rules were kept basic so that Mike would be given an easy baptism into the world of 40k.The objecy of the game was last man standing so as soon as the whistle was blown for start of play we all rushed Necromunda style for the nearest cover.
Not a brain between them.
                  Mike's Goliath gang being in the middle ground immediately came under fire from the two other gangs who although were both of the Delaque house there was definitely sibling rivalry between the two gangs.
Smile you are about to be vaped.

Target acquired even through the polluted haze of the underhive.



                                My plan was to force Mike into bottling out before concentrating on Dave's gang.The best plans of mice and men rung a bell as my plan began to unravel when I came into contact with Mike as Dave had given him two guys armed with big guns and although I skewered one with a beam from my lascannon I couldn't maneuver into better positions to get the drop on him.Meanwhile Dave is edging his way nearer Mike taking shots when he could and also picking up some of the secondary objectives which were cases of loot which were scattered around the table.Some were profitable and some were booby traps as I found out to my dismay when one exploded in the face of one of my gangers who was just going about his unlawful business of shooting and looting.
This lad was up and down more times than a tart's knickers.
                                 
  Revenge was swift as my leader had edged his way round the other flank bringing him into bolter range of Dave's gang.As I was looking for targets I was literally bodychecked by Dave to stop me seeing his men but to no avail his leader was duly dispatched making Dave take a bottle test which he failed-shame.
                                           This left but Mike to be taken care but alas due to Mike's lucky shots my men followed suit and bottled out giving a very amazed Mike victory in his initial game.
                       
"Don't trust him Mike!"
 A good game with hopefully the precursor of many to come.In my opinion this was Games Workshop's best game and as usual once they get a good thing they drop it and leave us with more very expensive games.That's me off my soapbox.
                         Dave provided a gang for Mike as well as for himself.I think it is time for me to finish my new Orlock gang before the big February game as part of Colin Jacks stag do.Ah we're geeting old.
                              See you soon with a game report from the the club involving New Zealand spec ops once I can get the photos of my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment