Translate

Friday 15 September 2023

Lack Of Reinforcements-AK 47 Style

 Dateline-September 6th 196odd!

Place -Somewhere in Sunny Africa.

                                                         


 

       Back to the sixties this evening with a four way indulgence in AK47-the most politically correct game around -not!El Presidente had decreed that this evening we should get back into a game of AK 47 and a chance to field some toys that we have been playing with since the late nineties.So we all turned up with said toys and got down and dirty in 1960’s Africa.Herr O’Brien is a past guru of the game so it was good to not need to check the rules every five minutes.

Trains and Planes.

Taking residence.

Andrew’s pre placed tanks.

      The table was set with the usual piles of scenery that we have all collected throughout the years and my own contribution were the airport buildings and some ethnic village buildings including a garage complete with old French cars and a village store.El Presidente chipped in with a few that he had picked up on line so the table was set.Herr O’Brien did complain that there was too much scenery and nobody would be able to see the bad guys.

Some African High Street.

How to hide two Pattons behind a catering truck.

Israelli’s mingling with the locals.



     El Presidente took on the mantle of a colonial settler army complete with Centurions, Panhard armoured cars and cavalry to complement them near the end of the game.Oor Andrew had also been given a colonial army this time of Israeli origin who proved to be of steady stock.Both myself and Herr O’Brien took charge of local dictator armies who were both to prove highly ineffectual.Two of Dave’s units couldn’t be bothered turning up.Such are the vagaries of AK47.

Israeli infantry hiding behind a dump truck.

El Presidente’s infantry stopping of at the garage .


The pride of my army.

Ju ju juice- the root of all evil.

Only for show.

           So the toys were laid out and the game kicked off.Once again my reluctance to choose a decent amount of armour was to be my undoing as my only pair of tanks engaged Andrew’s Ishermans and came out second best with the first blood going to Andrew.50% of my armour melted after the first hit.Hopefully it wasn’t going to be a long evening On the other side of the pitch my ally,El Presidente was having better luck with his Centurions and was holding Dave’s band of misfits at bay although one of Dave’s units always reminds me of a rag tag circus with a Bren carrier, a Ferret scout car and a Saladin-a pretty odd bunch.Herr O’Brien’s army is based on a Jordanian one and so had a couple of Patton tanks which actually looked good but were were soon percolating away nicely after being hit by El Presidente’s tanks.

El Presidente’s Centurions turning to scrap metal-again!

Herr O’Brien’s Pattons are heading the same way.

My boys-The Pirates of Prestonpans.

And my odds and sods militia making up the rear.

       My idea to pick lesser infantry was to be my undoing as my infantry were reluctant to move forward and their first casualty caused them to stagnate and stand still.Even their shots at the enemy proved to be worthless even with RPGs.As I said it was going to be a long evening.My colourful militia headed towards the airport buildings using for cover a couple of Dakotas that were just lying around but midway through their travels I noticed Herr O’Brien’s rabble ensconced in some nearby buildings so the militia changed tack and headed for this new bounty. I think this attack probably favoured El Presidente more as his colonial infantry were about to assault the same buildings using my lads as cannon fodder to help his devious intentions.Herr O’Brien was struggling as he couldn’t bring on any reinforcements for love nor African dollars.

Finally my Toyota tin pots arrive.

First kill to my tank boys.

Reconnaissance in strength.

Two of Herr O’Brien’s bits and bobs unit.

       My first reinforcements appeared in the form of a trio of Toyota technicals armed with heavy machine guns but this proved to be more worthwhile targets for Andrew’s Ishermans and so Japan’s finest lasted for only a couple of turns before they headed for the local scrapyard.To add insult to Herr O’Brien’s injury,El Presidente’s last reinforcements arrived in the form of a cavalry unit but they arrived just in time for a victory parade up the local High Street as they weren’t required to fight.My militia attacked Herr O’Brien’s last bastion but proved not to be up for the fight and although scored a couple of hits they didn’t shift him but they left plenty of room for our gallant ally to clear the buildings albeit with armoured car support.

“Well they lasted long”

Airport rush hour.


My last reinforcements.

       My last reinforcements arrived in the form of a couple of recoilless rifle armed trucks but too little too late as the final whistle was drawing near.Another revolution in Africa not to get off the ground but I’m sure one day all the wrongs will be righted.

Advancing to victory.


    Once again a great time was had by one and all and especially as tonight was a joint effort with everybody providing figures,vehicles and scenery.

Victory parade down the High Street 

      Next week we are indulging in MB’s Shogun so I would imagine we’ll be back to toy soldier gaming the following week.

       See You When I See You.



        This has been a Garvald Film Studios Production.

No comments:

Post a Comment