Translate

Sunday 7 April 2019

Canadian Gunfight-7TV


                           Wednesday 3rd April
                           Location-Some dodgy Canadian port.
Some Canadian dockside


                             
With the ubiquitous French car.
  Tonight's Garvald Film Studio production saw us back in the murky backstreets of some Canadian coastal city with a 7TV episode involving the transport of a certain device from a very dodgy tramp steamer to the nearby airfield whereupon it would have been flown away to some extremely dodgy arms bazaar.Where the device came from isn't important at this time but only to say the local mafia got their hands on it and were hoping to make a quick buck.My apologies for the c**p photos but I was trying out my new phone which has an excellent camera but it was a pain in the ass to get the photos onto my laptop.
Now you see them-
Now you don't!
Two "Cars" planes staring each other out.
                                                  My original plan was for it to be a four player game with one person playing the gangsters who would be passing on the package to a criminal organisation with a lot of double dealing and backstabbing involved but the two participants were late call offs.Obviously they realised that they were on a hiding to nothing so forewent their opportunity to get their asses kicked by the local law enforcement namely Colin Jack and myself.

Away from the dockside
And still showing the same film.
                                                               I pruned the game and made it a straight dash to the airfield from the dock with Colin taking the part of the dealer of stolen weapons and myself acting out the part of the lawmen.Mostly I used my figures with Colin dipping onto his vast Americana collection,cars and lorries to the fore.Colin had originally laid out some British cars but with a quick slight of hands they were instantly transformed into North American vehicles.
Amy Winehouse tribute act.

The cops are here!

Our Donald's stand in.

Two bank clerks.
                                                                   The scene was set for a mad rush of vehicles with my lads and girls hoping to derail their nefarious plans.Once again that was the plan with Colin immediately loading the cargo onto a big truck and with a car up front for protection headed off.
The cast prepare.

Here come the good guys + girl.

Cindy looking splendid as always.

Damien Lewis lookalike again.
                                                                             My lads and their single girl member who went by the name of Cindy headed to the shore in their motorboats hoping to get into a position with which to stop this deadly convoy.Easier said than done for as soon as they started to land they came under fire from a few of Colin's goons who had held back to form a rearguard.Shots were fired but initially there were no casualties but that wasn't to last for long as Colin started to throw very good dice rolls and this was to be the norm for the evening doing away firstly with one of my extras .
The gang's all here.

My gang come ashore.

The count about to be wounded-Twice.

This gentleman appeared-some sort of simian.

The device on the move.
                                                          My plan for my hero was to get right into firing range and this he done with quickly wounding Colin's leader twice but this is were my good luck ended as my extras started to fall by the wayside and ever dwindled.As the car passed my hero he let off a salvo of bullets and managed to take out the co-driver but the car sped on relentless through my dwindling men.Then calamity for me as my hero went down in a blaze of bullets making me have to do a "Axe my cast"action and this left me with just Cindy and a gormless extra.They didn't last much longer as first my extra bit the dust and with a wailing scream Cindy was taken out.
Cindy and co move to intercept.

Gangster gunplay.

Here come the badguys.

There go the badguys.

And Cindy's down.
                                                             Since the game hadn't lasted long we decided to bring in another crew this time coming in the form of my pink clad female aircrew who proceeded to try and bar the gate to the airfield using a pink Cadillac for cover.Well if you are going to dive for cover you may as well find the nicest you can.At least it would give some camouflage for their pink uniforms.


A gaggle of gangsters.

Real RCMP car.
                                                             
Honest there is a slope.

My second string leader.

Fatima Worrabottom takes aim.

Guarding the gate.
 Colin's lead car headed on relentless towards the airfield gate avoiding all my gun fire on the way and managing to take out a couple of my girls in the process.To add insult to injury Colin had moved up some of his goons led by Fatima Worrabottom up the side of the airfield and caught my innocent girls in a crossfire.Things weren't looking good for my girls and they soon went the same way as their male colleagues but not down in a blaze of glory as although the girls managed to deal with the leading car the lorry continued its relentless drive through the gate and headed for its goal -a waiting Learjet and ultimate victory.
Trying to break through.

The car was stopped but the lorry rumbled on.

Endgame!
                                                  A great game that I think would have been better with four protagonists as it would have meant more backstabbing and double crossing.

                                                          The scenery was provided by Colin with most of the figs coming from my collection.The evening kicked off with a nice repast provided by Colin and this was interrupted by the fact that Colin had to nip away and feed some lambs.
                                                          See You All When I See You.

No comments:

Post a Comment